Salmon is one of the amazingly tasty fishes I LOVE to eat. It is also one of the easiest fish to cook. You literally can never go wrong cooking it. I tried it pan seared, baked in an oven, grilled, and smoked. It tastes delicious in all ways. My favorite is having it grilled and smoked at the same time on a piece of cedar wood.
Here is what I do with it:
- Buy a piece of cedar wood from any place or even online.
- Get mesquite wood chips.
- Soak the cedar wood and the chips in water overnight.
- Get a fresh filleted salmon and cut it into desired pieces.
- Take the wood out of water, and spread your spices on it.
- Lay the salmon pieces on top of it and coat the top with the spices.
- Light your fire, preferably charcoal for a much better taste.
- Sprinkle your mesquite wood chips on the lit charcoal.
- Take the wood with the salmon and place it on top of the grids over the fire.
- Cover the grill and let it slowly cook and get smoked at the same time.
- Then enjoy the best tasting salmon you'll ever have :-)
I leave you with some shots of a grilled salmon and a smoked one. Enjoy!